Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE V11 Latest release - P32 does not compile
25-04-2016, 05:52 PM,
IDE V11 Latest release - P32 does not compile
Hi all,

After some struggling to install the new release of the Pinguino IDE V11, I managed to get it work.
Once installed I tried to compile some programs for P8 and works ok, but when I try to compile a basic P32 program it does not function. The compile process fail at some point and I have not a clue what is wrong.

Here I attach a capture of the error and the simple program (Basically toggles the USERLED). The target processor is the PIC32MX250F128B.

[Image: 9967eea319efc9c51f6d9297a4cd10cdo.jpg]

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Leonardo.
25-04-2016, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016, 12:49 AM by jwzumwalt.)
RE: IDE V11 Latest release - P32 does not compile
(25-04-2016, 05:52 PM)Leonardo Wrote: After some struggling to install the new release of the Pinguino IDE V11, I managed to get it work.
Once installed I tried to compile some programs for P8 and works ok, but when I try to compile a basic P32 program it does not function. The compile process fail at some point and I have not a clue what is wrong.

Others have reported the same problem with other compiler targets (P8/P16). One user noted a compare of hex code revealed a two byte difference with the blink test program - I think he said it was the two byte offset for the program start address. I have not heard of a single user having a clean install.

There have been enough reported problems that I am not upgrading.
----------------
Thanks,
j
wzumwalt
 (\__/)
 (='.'=)
 (")_(")
26-04-2016, 11:47 AM,
Hi jwzumwalt

Thanks for your response. Indeed, I had to roll back to the previous version Pinguino V11 beta4. I am using Windows 7 x64 and works ok.

Sadly, there is something wrong in the new releases (As far I can understand, it seems most of the problems are in the file paths and maybe some bad coded files).

But we have to keep supporting this kind of projects. They are free, open, useful and shown decentralized team work. Not always a easy combination to accomplish, I think.

I use it in a local high school to develop robotics and other electronics projects with the students, and with great success.

Greetings from Argentina,

Leonardo.
25-06-2017, 01:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-06-2017, 08:33 PM by Mark David.)
(25-04-2016, 06:17 PM)jwzumwalt Wrote:
(25-04-2016, 05:52 PM)Leonardo Wrote: After some struggling to install the new release of the Pinguino IDE V11, I managed to get it work.

Hi John , Leonarda

I see you are still   having problems with the with the PIC32-MX220  only now with the supposed new compiler too , “ What a surprise “

I thought id try the new compiler download Exactly the same couldn’t find the compilers and complained about msvcp120.dll missing I found that the path setting was missing This is not being set correctly at installation time Same problem as before more or less

To solve this I downloaded MPLABX and installed After installing MPLabX you can locate required dll in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\v3.65\sys\java\jre1.8.0_121\bin folder

Copy this to your C:\windows\system32 folder Now the software launches correctly but you still need to change path settings See below for further instructions

I opened the config file  , " pinuguino.cfg " ,   (If your running windows 7 which I am , then this is in , “C:\user “ ) PS Please note I haven’t yet tried this on Linux as yet  

Open this file with notepad ++  or similar

Copy and past the following below  under the paths section only !!

[Paths]
sdcc_bin = C:\pinguino\p8\bin\
gcc_bin = C:\pinguino\p32\bin\
pinguino_8_libs = C:\pinguino\v11\p8\
pinguino_32_libs = C:\Pinguino\v11\p32\

After making this adjustment and then restarting the IDE ran , however I don’t know how you get help for the commands There doesn’t seem to be any help files on any of the commands perhaps someone could offer some advice on this

Not much has changed since we last spoke about this problem even though the IDE has been upgraded since but at least its now in part semi functional

Others have reported the same problem with other compiler targets (P8/P16). One user noted a compare of hex code revealed a two byte difference with the blink test program - I think he said it was the two byte offset for the program start address. I have not heard of a single user having a clean install.

25-06-2017, 08:13 PM,
(25-04-2016, 06:17 PM)jwzumwalt Wrote:

Hi  Leanardo and jwzumwalt

After setting up the paths as detailed in previous post  ref  pinguino.config file

I tried this code here I can now get both leds to flash without any problem  

Obviously quite a considerable amount  to learn but  give this a go and see how you get on

void setup()
{
// initialize the digital pin USERLED
// Pinguino pin D13, port B15, LED1 on the PCB as an output.
TRISBbits.TRISB15 = OUTPUT;

// Pinguino pin D9, port A10, LED2 on the PCB as an output.
TRISAbits.TRISA10 = OUTPUT;

LATBbits.LATB15 = 1; // Set port B15 ( D13 ) high
LATAbits.LATA10 = 0 ; // ser port RA10 to low
}

void loop()
{
LATBbits.LATB15 = 0; // Invert output value of port B15 ( D13 ) 1000 0000 0000 0000

delay(100); // wait for 500 ms

LATAbits.LATA10 = 1 ; // invert output value of port A10 (D9) 0000 0010 0000 0000

delay(100);
LATBbits.LATB15 = 1;

delay(100) ;

LATAbits.LATA10 =0 ;

delay(100) ;

}