Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplify My Life
24-05-2016, 11:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016, 07:56 PM by twenty9. Edit Reason: Removed my address )
Simplify My Life
Hello Pinguinos,
my pinguino history is as follows:
- I programmed PIC microcontrollers  with Microchips tool-chain and PicKit 2. (Setting up configuration bits and getting the chips  up and running was the first big issue.
- The only 'usefull' application was a Laser-Gun: Read in two AD-values and set two Servo-control outputs (ISR on Pic 18F1320)
- having two priorities of interrupts on a PIC12F18xx.
Great solution, but resulting only in blinking LEDs.
Around that time I discovered Pinguino and Arduino:
- My first Pinguino-project was building a Pinguino 2550, which after some problems worked with some blinking LED-samples.
- My first Arduino-project was a Pong-Clock. I decided to first just follow the instructions without 'thinkinig' and it just worked :-)
(since then I ordered several Arduino-boards via ebay, and they worked...)

I ordered a 32-bit Pinguino from Olimex. And some demos with blinking LEDs works very well.

Around two month ago I ordered a Pinguino 45k50 kit. Main Reason was the faster clock frequency 48 MHz compared to 16 MHz of Arduino.
I soldered the kit together. After some small problems (short circuit of user-LED during soldering) it worked with blinking LEDs.

While searching the forum for help I found someone (no names!) who bitterly complained about missing support concerning some 32-bit Pinguino from Olimex and the missing support in current Pinguino-IDEs. First I thought: Why does this guy complain? It is a freeware project.

So I got my Olimex Arduino 32-bit out of the shelf and tried to get some software-examples up and running.
When trying to use SPI there were several problems (header files with capital letters, software SPI and hardware SPI...)
When trying to use CDC printf-functions with Windows, it simply did not work. (With Linux CDC-printf does work without problems)
I fully understand, that Pinguino is a project by enthusiatic volunteers, who "have many good ideas", but I want to solve my application problems, not basic problems (which might work for one revision of the IDE, but no longer for an update).

With Pinguino the problem seems to be to get basic functionality up and running!
With Arduino the basic funcitionality is no problem. It simply is working well (most of the time). You can concentrate on the functionality of your application!

So to SIMPLIFY MY LIFE, I stay with Arduiono and will give away for FREE:
- one self made Pinguino 2550
- one OLIMEX Pinguion Micro, see https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PI...e-hardware
- one Pinguino 45K50, see http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/PIC18F45K50_Pinguino

I will send all three boards without any warranty, without any documentation to the person, who sends the picture postcard from the most distant place (away from Germany) to me. I will even pay for the postage for sending the Pinguinos! Deadline for reception of the postcard is 2016-07-01.

Example: You send a picture postcard from Greece. You will get nothing (not even an answer), if anyone sends a postcard from further away (e.g. Egypt). If you sent the postcard from the farest place (e.g. Buenos Aires), I will put the boards into a parcel and send them to you. 
Just to say something, I will publlsh the recepient here at latest at 2016-07-07.

Best regards,
Werner Schünemann
Xxxxxstreet
Yyyyytown
Germany
05-07-2016, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016, 08:04 PM by twenty9. Edit Reason: Corrected a typo )
RE: Simplify My Life
Well, ... nobody was interested in getting three Pinguinos for free.
12-07-2016, 10:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 10:46 PM by matsuda.)
Did not think I would stand a chance (I am from Sweden). I would gladly receive them Smile.
13-07-2016, 02:56 PM,
I am in Venezuela, there are no cards here to send Smile or i might have sent one!