Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation fails when trying to find/install Pyusb.
30-05-2016, 05:59 PM,
Installation fails when trying to find/install Pyusb.
Hi,
I'm trying to install the latest unstable IDE(V12). My windows 7 installation gets as far as:

PyUSB not found. Installing it...
PyUSB not installed.Error code was: 1!

and then gets stuck. I have made sure that C:\Python27 is in my path and I have downloaded PyUSB 1.0.0 and installed it in it's own directory on my C: drive. I have also installed it in the main c:\python27 directory as well as the usb folder from the PyUSB directory. I do not know what else I can do. I am using the Pinguino-installer-1.7.0.9.exe
This sounds to me like an error thrown up by a batch file in the installer. Is the installation program looking for the PyUSB zip file so that it can unzip it and install it itself? Could you please help me out as I would like to try out the new PIC16F1459 and XC8 functionality in the testing version of the IDE.

Thanks.

David. Smile
31-05-2016, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 31-05-2016, 12:03 PM by vloki_.)
RE: Installation fails when trying to find/install Pyusb.
I had similar problem. See -> [solved?] installer v1.7.0.8 fails with V12 on Win7 64bit
http://forum.pinguino.cc/showthread.php?tid=4834

Post #4..6
31-05-2016, 01:20 PM,
So, if I install PyUSB which version should I choose. There is a stable release version, a release candidate and a beta version. Which version does the Pinguino installer look for?
31-05-2016, 03:37 PM,
Seems that I took -> Released /PyUSB 1.0/1.0.0/pyusb-1.0.0.zip
04-07-2016, 11:45 PM,
I sadly had to give up on Pinguino a year or so ago as I just couldn't get it to install.

I thought I would try again. My WIN7 PC is now WIN10.

I downloaded the Windows installer "Pinguino-installer-v1.7.0.9.exe", but when run I get the same problem as the original poster. I tried running as administator, but this made no difference.

I also tried downloading the various parts from GitHub, and although I could get the GUI to run after a manual install, it couldn't find the compiler. I couldn't find a clear description of where (i.e. which folders) all the various parts should be put.

Please help!!! I really want to get my Olimex Pinguino board up and running. When I first bought it (about 2 years ago) I did manage to get Pinguino to run, but at some point installing the then latest version caused everything to break.

I tried following the "solved" link (above), but all I found was gobbledigook.
05-07-2016, 01:20 PM,
The path settings seem to be located in ...v12/user/pinguino.conf file.
07-07-2016, 01:06 AM,
Many thanks to Regis who replied via email.

He gave two solutions both worked.

I had to manually install PyUSB. In a cmd.exe shell window, I went to the directory C:\Python27\Scripts, where I found the program "pip".
Simply type "pip install pyusb". Then go back and re-run the installation binary. This time it doesn't error, as it finds PyUSB already installed.
I was able to download the double LED blink for the Olimex board. I had to select the compiler and board, and then it compiled and downloaded first time.

On a different PC which I have just upgraded to Windows10, I used the new install binary "Pinguino-installer-v1.7.0.10.exe". It went smoothly and installed without any problems. Again I quickly tried the LED blink program and it compiled and downloaded without any problems.

Now I can move onto the project I was originally thinking of doing.

My thanks to Regis.