Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the mapping between Arduino logical ports and PIC32 physical ports?
08-07-2016, 12:12 AM,
Where is the mapping between Arduino logical ports and PIC32 physical ports?
I have an Olimex Pinguino Micro.

Before I can connect up any shields or external boards, I need to know which of its pins (non Arduino layout) map to the Arduino logical pins.

I was also searching through the various Python source code files as I expected to find this defined here. I would have expected every different PIC32 board to have a different physical to logical mapping defined somewhere.

Another reason is that I have a PIC32 board (Arduino layout) which I would like to add to Pinguino, one reason is to force me to learn more about Python.

I have added the board details into boards.py and it now appears in the board list in the GUI, but I (unsurprisingly) get errors when I try to compile. One problem may be that it uses a PIC32MX340F512H and the error suggested (I could easily be wrong) that this processor is not supported by the compiler, although this would surprise me.

Nevertheless for the ARM "Teensy" board, it comes with a nice picture of the pinout of the board and shows the mapping of the pins. Do such pictures exist for the various boards currently supported by Pinguino. If they do I am clearly looking in the wrong place!
08-07-2016, 09:34 AM,
RE: Where is the mapping between Arduino logical ports and PIC32 physical ports?
The wiki page has pinouts etc.

Olimex provide more info incl. schematics.

John