Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDC.read & CDC.write
25-07-2016, 11:49 PM,
CDC.read & CDC.write
Hi,

I am running 11b3 (hopefully release soon) and I was trying to implement a binary protocol using CDC.read & CDC.write.

The Wiki docs do not match what is implemented, however I do have CDC.read working, but I am getting strange results from CDC.write.

I am hoping once I have the release 11 or the pre-release 12 IDE I'll have better luck.

Now I'll poke about and find the CDC library sources Smile

Bill
01-08-2016, 02:03 PM,
RE: CDC.read & CDC.write
Please tell us more about the strange results.
I have tested only CDC.write so far. It works, but only in rare cases. Most often the Terminal (Virtual COM Port) is giving strange errors, like cannot open, cannot enumerate, etc.
MAYBE you are setting wrong baud rate or something? But honestly, I do not remember if that really matters in this case.
02-08-2016, 03:52 AM,
Thanks for reponding. I am away from my office until Aug.8, so I can't post the exact reults, however the issue, the Pic received the binary packet fine, but the response it sent back was garbled.
02-08-2016, 10:18 AM,
Which pinguino board and bootloader?
Which Windows?
I really need CDC as well so tell me what's is your issue exacly, which driver are you using and we can try to resolve it together.
Did you experience any troubles with opening the Virtual Com Port made by Pinguino?
02-08-2016, 05:27 PM,
[quote pid='12317' dateline='1470125904']
Which pinguino board and bootloader?
Which Windows?
I really need CDC as well so tell me what's is your issue exacly, which driver are you using and we can try to resolve it together.
Did you experience any troubles with opening the Virtual Com Port made by Pinguino?
[/quote]

I was using my RoboPIC with bootloader 2, Ubuntu 15.04, /dev/ttyUSB0

no problem opening the virtual com port.

Sure, we can try after I am back in the office.
02-08-2016, 09:05 PM,
Can you try on any Windows platform? I've failed to setup a working CDC on multiple Windows machines and I'm eager to find a fix for that.
02-08-2016, 09:48 PM,
No problem, will try when I am back in my lab.
05-08-2016, 07:00 PM,
I have searched around the forums and tried both Putty and Realterm with Pinguino CDC, both with very bad results.
On the other hand, I have also tested the non-Pinguino board with PIC32 CDC and it worked flawlessly...
So...
something must be wrong... with Pinguino CDC...
11-08-2016, 06:49 PM,
I am back from vacation, catching up with consulting work.

I should (famous last words) be able to find time next week to investigate this...