Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simulation woes with bootloader:-
20-05-2017, 10:36 PM,
Simulation woes with bootloader:-
So this is the scenario:-
I am working for a commercial project and I have decided to use pinguino for prototyping if it succeeds we will implement it in the project.
Now before making prototype physically, I want to simulate it first to ensure its working right. I am trying to simulate on someone else's PC on Proteus.
The problem is that even after enabling virtual USB and loading the correct bootloader to my pinguino tiny 4550 schematics, when I try to upload the program via pinguino bootloader (via virtual USB) following error occurs.

Pinguino Found
Aborting Incorrect PIC (ID:0x1800)

this error occurs both in pinguino v11 and v12

My questions are,
1> Is there any way to make it work in simulation?
2> if i ignore this in simulation and load my hex directly, Should I worry about this scenario in actual physical prototype? I need my device to work with USB port, all updating and communication I plan would be done via USB.
22-05-2017, 11:52 AM,
RE: Simulation woes with bootloader:-
Pinguino Found: USB Vendor and Product ID are correctly detected.
Aborting Incorrect PIC (ID:0x1800): Reading flash memory (0x3FFFFE and 0x3FFFFF) failed.

Which Virtual USB did you install ? 
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
22-05-2017, 12:00 PM,
RE: Simulation woes with bootloader:-
(22-05-2017, 11:52 AM)regis Wrote: Pinguino Found: USB Vendor and Product ID are correctly detected.
Aborting Incorrect PIC (ID:0x1800): Reading flash memory (0x3FFFFE and 0x3FFFFF) failed.

Which Virtual USB did you install ? 

I used the virtual USB bundled with proteus, called ELTIMA.