Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIC32MX440F256 and LCD.i2c anyone ?
22-08-2017, 08:17 PM,
PIC32MX440F256 and LCD.i2c anyone ?
I have tried the file LCD.i2c together with PIC32MX440F256 without any success. The LCD-display is lit but no contact with it. When using IDE V11 in a Win 10 PC it does not compile, however in an old Win XP PC with the X4-EASYPACK rev.999 IDE it compiles and loads OK but no response from the LCD.

The LCD together with PCF8574 works OK with the Arduino using adress 0x24 which of course has been tested.

IDE V12 has NOT been tested because it stopped working after the latest Win 10 update! Has anyone been lucky with LCD.i2C and PIC32X440F256 ?

Regards,

Urban
07-09-2017, 08:44 AM,
RE: PIC32MX440F256 and LCD.i2c anyone ?
Obviously no one in the whole world has solved the I2C-matter !

How about IDE V12 that worked OK until one of the last updates of Win 10 came ? Now only V11 works !

When compiling even the "bare minimum" example the following comes up in the "submit bug" window:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 281, in wrapped
return fn(Pinguino, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 25, in wrapped
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 161, in wrapped
if saved: fn(Pinguino, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 174, in wrapped
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\core.py", line 786, in pinguino_compile
compile_code()
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\core.py", line 765, in <lambda>
compile_code = lambda Confusedelf.pinguinoAPI.compile_file([filename])
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino.py", line 85, in compile_file
data = self.verify(file_path)
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino_tools.py", line 225, in verify
self.set_os_variables()
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino_tools.py", line 126, in set_os_variables
self.COMPILER_8BIT = self.glob_path(self.COMPILER_8BIT)
File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino_tools.py", line 136, in glob_path
return dirs[-1]
IndexError: list index out of range

When trying to submit this it says "No userbane". The word userbane is not to be found in my wordbook !
11-09-2017, 11:13 PM,
(07-09-2017, 08:44 AM)Newcomer Wrote: Obviously no one in the whole world has solved the I2C-matter !

How about IDE V12 that worked OK until one of the last updates of Win 10 came ? Now only V11 works !

When compiling even the "bare minimum" example the following comes up in the "submit bug" window:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 281, in wrapped
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 25, in wrapped
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 161, in wrapped
   if saved: fn(Pinguino, *args, **kwargs)
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 174, in wrapped
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\core.py", line 786, in pinguino_compile
   compile_code()
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\core.py", line 765, in <lambda>
   compile_code = lambda Confusedelf.pinguinoAPI.compile_file([filename])
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino.py", line 85, in compile_file
   data = self.verify(file_path)
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino_tools.py", line 225, in verify
   self.set_os_variables()
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino_tools.py", line 126, in set_os_variables
   self.COMPILER_8BIT = self.glob_path(self.COMPILER_8BIT)
 File "C:\Program Files\Pinguino\v12\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino_tools.py", line 136, in glob_path
   return dirs[-1]
IndexError: list index out of range

When trying to submit this it says "No userbane". The word userbane is not to be found in my wordbook !

have you tried running linux debian on your windows manchine? i use debian and V12 is great i have to get my PIC32 up and running.
12-09-2017, 12:08 PM,
+1

Windows kept breaking things so I moved to Linux.

John
12-09-2017, 07:46 PM,
Windows kept breaking things so I moved to Linux.

John
[/quote]

Thanks guys for the information. However installing Linux Debian and then Pinguino IDE seems to require a degree in computer science. Nothing for a guy without any computer education and born long before TV came into our lives.

Amazing that Olimex that sells the cards seems to have no software responsibility.

Regards
Urban
13-09-2017, 09:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-09-2017, 09:13 AM by pingotg.)
They make hardware. If it's faulty they'll replace/fix it.

They didn't write Windows which is the cause of the pain.

You could complain to Mickeysoft but good luck if you try. (I did, years ago when a developer on their list and it was a waste of time.)

John